QuiltNSW will present their spectacular annual Sydney Quilt Show, reputedly the largest quilt show in the southern hemisphere, in conjunction with the fair. Enjoy magnificent quilts from QuiltNSW members and the Best of Australia quilts from each state.
- An exhibition of more than 400 member quilts, judged by category, showcasing all aspects of patchwork and quiltmaking of exceptional skill and diversity, plus this year there is a new category for coverlets;
- Special exhibits and floor talks from Rhonda Pearce and Carolyn Sullivan;
- A display of finalists from the 2016 challenge themed Repurposed, Recycled, Reloved
- An Activity Centre: a hands-on quiltmaking area for everyone of all ages and all genders, making quilts for charity;
- Repurposed furniture using patchwork and textiles which are Recycled, Repurposed, Revitalised
- Hoop Display – a new display of quilt hoops showcasing a diverse array of quilt styles
Rhonda Pearce:after working as a dressmaker for twentyfive years, Rhonda opened Post Office Patchwork in the Blue Mountains. She held many classes over the years, developed many patterns and produced many outstanding quilts. Her Insanity quilt attracted a huge following, in Australia and overseas. Rhonda’s highlight so far was winning at the Quilt Show in Houston, in the USA in 2013.
2017 SUPER RAFFLE
Buy a ticket and you could win this exquisite raffle quilt, String Tulips, valued at $4,300, made by Cath Babidge, Kathy Doughty and friends. Plus there are 7 more prizes including a Bernina sewing machine, books, fabric packs, a thread box, a craft lamp and a fabric hamper. Drawn 4pm on Sunday June 25.
Challenge Quilts: From left to right: A Working Life Completed by Pamela Pearce – Judges Commendation; Re – A drop Of Golden Sun by Racheldaisy; What Are Your Values by Sharon Nicholls-Thomson; Still Life In The Tea Towel by Judith Thomson – Judges Commendation.