QuiltNSW will present their spectacular annual Sydney Quilt Show, reputedly the largest quilt show in the southern hemisphere, in conjunction with the fair. Enjoy magnificent quilts from QuiltNSW members and the Best of Australia quilts from each state.
- An exhibition of more than 400 member quilts, judged by category, showcasing all aspects of patchwork and quiltmaking of exceptional skill and diversity, plus this year there is a new category for coverlets;
- Special exhibits and floor talks from Rhonda Pearce and Carolyn Sullivan;
- A display of finalists from the 2016 challenge themed Repurposed, Recycled, Reloved
- An Activity Centre: a hands-on quiltmaking area for everyone of all ages and all genders, making quilts for charity;
- Repurposed furniture using patchwork and textiles which are Recycled, Repurposed, Revitalised
- Hoop Display – a new display of quilt hoops showcasing a diverse array of quilt styles
Carolyn Sullivan: an avid hand stitcher, Carolyn has a particular love of kantha stitching and is inspired by the Australian landscape. Carolyn is a long-term member of QuiltNSW and has served on the committee including as President in 1995 to ‘96. Meet Carolyn, see her special exhibit of work and enjoy her floortalk.
Rhonda Pearce: after working as a dressmaker for twenty-five years, Rhonda opened Post Office Patchwork in the Blue Mountains. She held many classes over the years, developed many patterns and produced many outstanding quilts. Her Insanity quilt attracted a huge following, in Australia and overseas. Rhonda’s highlight so far was winning at the Quilt Show in Houston, in the USA in 2013.
Challenge Quilts: From left to right: A Working Life Completed by Pamela Pearce – Judges Commendation; Re – A drop Of Golden Sun by Racheldaisy; What Are Your Values by Sharon Nicholls-Thomson; Still Life In The Tea Towel by Judith Thomson – Judges Commendation.