The spectacular Victorian Quilt Showcase will feature close to
300 magnificent creations
Savour the delights of traditional, innovative and art quilts in varying sizes from miniature to queen size. This year, the Victorian Quilters’ Challenge theme is Flora and Fauna, in honour Australia’s wonderful and unique flora and fauna – and member’s fabulous interpretations do justice to the challenge.
The Awards Ceremony will be held in the Quilt Showcase area at 12noon on Thursday, July 28.
Visitors will also enjoy a wide variety of mini exhibitions to inspire your patchwork and quilting:
• Profile A Quilter – Karen Terrens: known nationally for her very machine quilting, Karen is a multi award winner.
• Profile A Member Group: Strathdale Quilters Inc: from Bendigo will wow you with their own special quilts.
• The Patchworkers and Quilters Guild of Victoria: the oldest Guild in Victoria will showcase modern and traditional styles in their challenges; Blue & White, and Earth, Water, Fire & Wind.
• The Art Group: a group of like-minded women (and one male, Alex!) display their 12 inch square art quilts.
• Other highlight include: The Lucy Boston Quilt, Patchwork of the Crosses; work by a selection of long arm quilters; and some winners and entrants’ work in the Victorian Quilters’ One Step Further Quilts.